Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Dancing on the Pinhead of Cancer

It was an uncomfortable winter for me.  I hadn’t slept well and though I felt a lot of my problems came from parasites and the many micro-organisms that exist within me, I couldn’t ignore compelling kidney pain which seemed as if it were caused by my bladder cancer reasserting itself and perhaps blocking the urethra from my aching kidney.  So after three years without any medical supervision or monitoring I took my bladder, previously infested with aggressive cancer, to a new urologist.  My cancer was after all the type that returns faster than any other.

In the initial visit the doctor and staff expressed surprise that I had gone so long without treatment.  Blood and urine were sent to the laboratory and a sonogram and cystoscopy were scheduled.  A bit of good news was that no blood showed up in my urine that day.  A second positive for me was that the more sensitive lab test also came back negative.  My physician daughter told me that the test was very good for indicating “aggressive” cancer, but could miss superficial ones.  The sonogram covered kidneys, bladder, and prostate.  It also showed nothing unusual.  I was now feeling much better about my health!

My new doctors instructions for the cystoscopy were quite strict.  I was to fill a prescription, they didn’t say what the drug was for, and have a friend attend me since they would be giving me an I.V. to induce “twilight” sleep.  This did not seem right to me.  I had already had two of these “periscope” procedures and there was no pain associated with either of them.  I called my nurse and told her I didn’t want the IV.  She said he might have to “cauterize”.  “Cauterize what?”, I asked; I did not want or need a biopsy.  I already knew I had bladder cancer.  She with that sudden skepticism that comes whenever a patient objects to a procedure,  said she would talk to the doctor, but since I had not heard back from her prior to the appointment I found a friend to take me, just in case.  Oh and the prescription I had been ordered to fill turned out to be $20 pain pills which I discovered in time to return.

The morning of the cystoscopy I found that the Dr. had agreed to let me endure it without the sedative (sedatives have cancer causing ingredients, by the way) but nothing was said about the biopsy.  After I was reclined and stirripped up, the Dr. came in asking if they had a leather strap to put between my teeth.  As I suspected, there was no pain whatsoever.  Unlike the previous urologist, this one had a television screen and camera to go with his periscope and was able to show me three small tumors, which he called superficial, on my bladder wall.  There was nothing blocking my urethra at all.  He showed me the junction with my prostate and said striations indicated a kind of stress.  Then with my legs spread and a wire line in my bladder he told me he wanted to take a biopsy.  “What for?”  I asked.  “If you want me to treat you I have to have a biopsy”.  So unfortunately, I relented.  I could see the miniature choppers on the monitor and on his command the nurse snapped them on a tumor; then twice more.  I felt tiny stings.  Then it was over.

For anyone who is undergoing a biopsy or surgery for cancer there is one very important bit of information that is “never” shared by the physician.  Whenever a tumor is cut, cancer cells float away.  Like viruses these cancer cells have a “Velcro” coating. This helps them latch on to healthy cells rather than continue to float in the bloodstream or lymph where they would likely be destroyed by our killer T cells.  The coating also catches other cancer cells and soon there is aggregation and a new tumor is formed. 
Several years ago researchers discovered that two inexpensive and over the counter products have the capacity to abrade and destroy the Velcro coating of cancer cells.  One is the common anti-acid Tagamet and the other is a modified citrus pectin found in health food stores.  Two long term studies found that taking these two ingredients just five days prior to surgery reduced cancer aggregation between 60% and 90%.  Further, that by the end of the long term studies the two products reduced cancer mortality by the same 60% to 90%.  I can almost guarantee that your oncologist has never heard of these studies, and that he or she would lose their license to practice should they become vocal about it.  

It was just a tiny snip, just a biopsy, and I bled for a day and a half.  After the procedure the doctor told me what I already suspected; the tumors were superficial and non-aggressive, but that if I failed to have them removed they would become aggressive and dangerous.  He knew exactly what had shown up on the screen and the only need for a biopsy was to satisfy a system that robs 80% from medicare and 20% from me to feed an obese medical industry which seeks my money rather than my health.

Next the doctor delivered his more serious message.  My blood work measured my PSA or prostate antigens as extremely high, 60, when they should be less than 4.  He told me that the number suggested that I had a very aggressive prostate cancer.  He would give me another PSAT to confirm the first result and if it were still high he would perform a biopsy and not to worry he had many new weapons with which to fight this deadly cancer.

Afterwards, I spoke with Rose about all this and spent a little time at the library with my own research on the PSA test, prostate cancer and the treatment of prostate cancer.  About the PSA test, two things stood out.  One was that many professionals said it was so inaccurate that it should not be used at all and the second, that if the blood was drawn after a digital prostate exam or after a procedure like a cystoscopy the PSA count would be elevated.  Many urologists take blood before any examination or procedure to get a more accurate result; mine preferred the higher count I suppose. 

In addition I was not really noticing the symptoms that characterize this illness.  Minor problems were more readily attributable to a common enlarged prostate than to cancer.  Yes my urinary system was clearly not good; urgency, frequency, leakage, and occasional pains all over my viscera from kidney to loin.  Sometimes I could detect pain in my hip bone where, presumably, a virulent cancer would jump next.  As my urologist warned, I could have prostate cancer requiring immediate modern medical attention.
Wait a moment, his digital exam found nothing; he told me that.  The ultra sound of my prostate showed nothing; the technician told me that.  I don’t think I have prostate cancer at all, and Rose agrees with me.  But if I were to “be safe” and do the biopsy what would be involved?  First there would be some sort of scan in order to find a spot to look at, then five needle injection/suckings under anaesthesia to confirm the cancer.  If my hip bone hurts, then a scan of that as well.  I figure my costs would be $1000 for my 20% out of pocket and another $4000 from medicare (taxpayers).  If they don’t find anything, cool, but maybe its still there lurking anyway.  If I do have it, the financial and physical misery really begins.  Surgery?  Radiation is said not to work well with patients my age.  Chemo?  Tell me I am going to let them “treat” my prostate when my bladder and who knows what else still has cancer.

So there will be no treatment.  Rose has sold me a bottle of capsules which have herbs and minerals to support my system.  Things are improving already and I am pushing more urine less frequently and feeling fewer visceral pains.  She wants me to have another PSAT in 30 days (after I finish the bottle) and she wants more thorough blood work done, telling me the urologist just ordered the standard level he requires not a complete chemistry which would tell her more.  By the way, Rose knows more about health and treatment than any of these physicians.  Of concern was that my blood sugars were high.  I had perhaps been eating too much of my home baked fermented organic bread, sustaining organic brown rice, and organic rolled oats.

So now with the scare I am eliminating as many carbs as possible, eating raw from my garden, especially asparagus and cooking kale and some legumes.  I don’t like it and I’ve had some slip ups already, but my direction is clear.  If I consume a diet which causes my system to switch from food oxidation to ketonic digestion at the cellular level my cancer cannot destroy me.

Other than this dietary effort, opposed by my own tradition and the many cravings and abnormalities of my own cells and the many micro-organisms and parasites within me, nothing really changes.  My effort to seek medicine from plants; to grow these plants for myself and others, to probe ways to extract and combine their power, to find and spread knowledge, is renewed and reinforced.  I won’t lack for subject matter; soon the blueberries will be ripe and after them the wild laetrile.



2 comments:

  1. Very interesting and exciting read Sand. Thank you for sharing this journey. You certainly are courageous. Hope the herbs and low carb ( high animal fats and meats?) diet brings you fully through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not treating the prostate has killed me. Am now in stage 4 and while my bladder cancer remains low grade I am playing out the string for a while yet.

    ReplyDelete