Thursday, April 14, 2016

Take Your Medicine:  Castor Oil


I’ve never taken castor oil.  I do remember somehow knowing of it as a child.  I believe my grandmother dosed my mother with it, “to help keep the system clear.”  It is an effective laxative and purgative, still useful in cases of accidental poisoning.  Speaking of which, the seeds are very poisonous; two can kill an adult.




The seeds are the source of ricin, made famous during the 9/11 false flag.  The toxins do not pass into the expressed oil so that is safe to ingest, though its bad flavor and common usage in my grandmother’s day gave us the adage of “taking your medicine.”

Recently I began having back or kidney pain, not a good sign for someone thrice operated on for aggressive bladder cancer.  More than once the pain had kept me awake through the night.  Rose suggested two things.  One was modified citrus pectin (which definitely merits a separate article), the other was to give myself a hot castor oil pack.

She told me that this was a remedy suggested by the sleeping prophet, Edgar Cayce.  She knew of a woman in Colorado who used it on her breast for a malignant tumor and, remarkably, achieved a complete cure.  I wasn’t looking to cure whatever was causing my kidney pain, I just wanted relief so I could sleep.


The beautiful leaf and seed pods of Castor Bean.  The leaf looks like it could give a massage





The procedure involved soaking a piece of wool with castor oil, laying it on my aching spot and warming that with a heating pad.  Care was taken not to stain the pad, recliner or clothing. I did this for ninety minutes five consecutive days.  Doing so was so pleasant that I regret not continuing it now, even though I’m no longer suffering any significant pain.


Castor bean is a stately plant in the landscape here it is in fall after a single season of growth.  It’s an annual in our climate.


No comments:

Post a Comment